All the answers to your questions about 4WD hire or caravan hire


What are the rates?
You can find a price range for the 4WD and camper packages here and a price range for the caravans and camper trailer here. Please contact us for a detailed quote via the “Get a Quote” buttons or via info@crikeycamperhire.com.au
Can I have a look inside?

Off course! Visit www.selfdriveexperiences.com.au to get a 360 degree view of your favorite package or camper trailer.

Can your caravans go off road?

No, our caravans are not allowed to go off road. If you would like to go off road, please book the Off Road Safari Camper.

I am looking at picking up an off-road camper trailer from Broome

We have limited availability for the off-road camper trailer by itself (without the 4WD). Please email info@crikeycamperhire.com.au with your travel dates and we will get back to you asap.

What kind of 4WD's do you have?

All our fleet is made of 200 Series Toyota Landcruisers. They are the most secure and comfortable 4WD’s available in Australia. We call it the King Off The Road!

Are all 4WD's automatic?

Yes, they are all automatic.

How many kilometres do I get?

All 4WD’s come with unlimited Kms.

Can I go interstate?

Yes, all Crikey equipment can be taken interstate.

What towing capacity is required to tow your caravans or camper trailer?

Off Road Camper Trailer:  1,050 kgs (towing mass – braked) and 100 kg (ball mass)
Expanda caravan: 1,560 kgs (towing mass – braked) and 157 kg (ball mass)
Deluxe Expanda caravan: 1,700 kgs (towing mass – braked) and 157 kg (ball mass)
Luxury Suite Caravan:  2,250 or 2.500 kgs and 240 kgs (ball mass) depending on model.

What do I need to bring for pick up?
  • A driver’s license
  • A credit card
What are the requirements when returning?

If you have hired a 4WD, it will need to be returned with a full tank.
All Crikey equipment needs to be returned in a clean condition. This means the 4WD needs to be vacuumed and washed outside and the camper trailer/ caravan swept and washed outside. Dishes should be washed and dried. The toilet and wastewater tank (if applicable) must be emptied prior to the return of the caravan. Cleaning fees applies if the equipment is not returned in a clean condition. You are not required to refill the gas bottle.

What are your depots?

Click here to access our depot(s) for the 4WD packages.

Click here to access our depot for the caravans or camper trailer hires.

Where can we camp?

They are many beautiful campsites available in Western Australia and Northern Territory. We recommend to download the WikiCamps app: www.wikicamps.com.au

How long does the battery last?

For the 4WD packages: Please visit our blog article about power management.

For the off-road camper trailer or caravan by itself: please visit our blog article about power management.

How much storage?

Our self drive packages offer generous storage option. Click here to access the 360 degree views of each product: http://selfdriveexperiences.com.au/

Do I need a special license?

No, an overseas or interstate license is fine. Please note if your license is not in English, it is recommended to carry an International driver’s license with you.

Can I travel on the Gibb River Road?

Yes, if you are travelling in our 4WD and Safari Camper package or Off-Road Safari Camper and as long as the road is open.

Where can I and cannot travel?

You will find all the answers to your questions in section 4 of our Terms & Conditions.

Do I need to pay a bond?

Yes, if you choose the Risk Taker option. Please view our Liability Reduction Option PDF:

4WD Package Liability Reduction Option

Camper/ Caravan Hire Liability Reduction Option

Can you play music in the 4WD's?

Yes, please note CD’s are more likely to skip while driving off road. We would recommend bringing music on a USB stick. Please note while our vehicles have a USB outlet, we cannot guarantee that it will be compatible with your USB.

How are the hire rates calculated?

We hire on a calendar day basis (not per night) or part thereof.

What recovery gear is included in the 4WD?

We equip each vehicle with a comprehensive recovery gear kit:

  • Tool kit
  • Trolley jack/ jack handle
  • Wheel brace
  • Air compressor
  • Tyre gauge
  • Jumper leads
  • Snatch straps
  • Shackles
  • Spare fuel filter
  • Spare fuses
  • Shovel
  • Sat phone
  • UHF radio