What is the best time to travel the Gibb River Road?
Temperatures in the Kimberley and Pilbara regions range from under 5 to over 4o degrees Celsius.
Winter Season: May to October know as the Dry Season
- Most popular time to visit
- Warm days
- Cool clear nights
- Perfect for sightseeing
Summer Season: November to April known as the Wet Season
- Fewer crowds
- Hot days
- The rain starts to be heavy after Christmas
- Bird and wildlife in abundance
- Spectacular lightening shows and waterfalls
- Most tours, attractions and roads cannot be accessed!!!
July is the peak season with the first two weeks being the most popular time to travel in the Kimberley. If you are not restricted to school holidays, Crikey Camper Hire recommends to travel during the months of May and June. The advantages are as follow:
- More water in the waterfalls and swimming holes
- Less crowded
- Roads are in better conditions
- Mitchell Falls Plateau might be easier to reach
We recommend to book at least a year in advance in order to secure your preferred travel dates and direction of travel.